Favorites

Friday, February 20, 2015

Miracles: Jacqueline Guidry




The spring 2015 issue of Stone Voices features a piece by writer Jacqueline Guidry, titled "Miracles."



I wait for an answer; as always, none comes. This statue offers no more forgiveness than I offer myself. I’m engulfed in silence and no matter the miles I’ve traveled, receive no reply. Haven’t I earned a response, some measure of understanding from Mary, if not from God?








Jacqueline Guidry's short works have appeared most recently in the Arkansas Review, Broad River Review, Chautauqua Literary Journal, Rosebud, and Southampton Review. She is a three-time Pushcart Prize nominee and a three-time finalist for a Faulkner Society gold medal. After practicing Social Security disability law for many years, she now focuses on her writing and indulges her addictions to chocolate, sparkling water, KenKen, and Sudoku. Guidry lives in Kansas City with her husband, Michael; they have two daughters, Alison and Anne, both young adults.

Photography for this article by Ralph Hassenpflug.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to share an experience I had with Mary that was quite unexpected and profound. You will find it in the third short essay/story called Visions Becoming: Our Lady and the Children. My experience is that often silence is the message. Kind regards, Patrick https://www.tumblr.com/blog/patrickmorganposts

    ReplyDelete