Favorites

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Louis Ebarb Doesn't Take Himself Too Seriously


I paint the commonplace and the often overlooked.
I paint my version of the sacred. 
I learned to paint realistically through Abstraction. 
I learned to paint abstractly though Realism.

_____________________________________________________________________________



The paintings of Louis Ebarb are featured in the upcoming spring 2015 issue of Still Point Arts Quarterly


Ebarb was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and is a member of the Choctaw-Apache Tribe of Ebarb, Louisiana. He draws on his complex mix of cultures to create his images. Working as an abstract expressionist in the 1960s, he studied painting at Pratt Institute where his style reflected the emerging minimalist movement. In 1988, Ebarb incorporated his training in abstract art with the concepts of the American realists of the early twentieth century and began to paint the people and places that he encountered using video, photography, and computers to establish his vision. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I create better worlds on all of my canvasses.
I make this world more beautiful. 
I begin each painting I knowing it will be my best.
I don’t take myself too seriously.









No comments:

Post a Comment