Favorites

Monday, December 30, 2013

Stay the Course

I don't really like to make New Year resolutions. Change should happen when change is due. When I realize I need to lose weight or exercise more or be nicer to someone, I make a resolution right then and there. Somehow, though, I find myself making these resolutions over and over, so perhaps what I really need is to resolve to persevere. Stick with it. Stay the course. Through thick and thin. 

So, as I sit here looking out at the piles of snow that have come early this winter, I resolve to carry on . . . through the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the thrills and the disappointments. Stay on the path. Keep moving forward. I'm not sure what I'll see along the way, though I know that some days will be bright and some will be dark. But, if I persevere, every moment will be a gift. I can't ask for more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment