Favorites

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's In Print -- Still Point Arts Quarterly!



As artists or art enthusiasts, we love to look at art. It's that simple. We go to art shows, visit galleries and museums, and buy great art books whenever we get the opportunity. In recent years, our viewing opportunities have increased; we can not only see art in person and in print, but we can also view art on artists' own websites or on any of the hundreds of online galleries that have come into existence. We can now see much more art by local or regional artists or emerging artists due to the existence of online or virtual art galleries like Still Point Art Gallery.

Despite the amount of time I spend in front of my computer, there is still a place in my life for PRINT. I subscribe to several wonderful art magazines and I love to browse through and sometimes buy art books. I return to some of my favorite magazines over and over for enjoyment and inspiration. Art helps me form ideas; it engages my mind in important ways; it challenges my intellect; it enlightens me and inspires me. Sometimes, rather than sit at my desk, I want to sit in my comfy chair with a hot cup of tea and a book or magazine. The richness of an art print in a high-quality magazine or book is better than what you see on a screen, and there is a time and a place for that in my life. 

So, Still Point Art Gallery is moving forward with the printing of an art magazine -- Still Point Arts Quarterly. The publication will focus on artistic expression and creativity. Each issue will include extensive art portfolios as well as original and thoughtful short articles or essays about art and artistry. The Quarterly will engage, enlighten, inspire...four times a year...in January, April, July, and October.

The inaugural issue of the Quarterly will be the April 2011 issue -- timed to help celebrate the two-year anniversary of Still Point Art Gallery.


Subscriptions are now being accepted
Subscribe now and be part of Still Point Arts Quarterly from the very beginning!


Still Point Art Gallery
December 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment